- VIDEO FAQs
- What is the Equal Rights Amendment?
- How Does Not Having the Equal Rights Amendment Affect Me?
- Don’t Men and Women Already Have Equal Rights in America?
- Doesn’t the 14th Amendment Already Guarantee Women Equal Rights Under the Law?
- But What About the Other Laws We Have in Place to Protect Women?
- If the ERA is Ratified Will Women be Drafted?
- If the ERA is Ratified Will Women Have to Share Bathrooms with Men?
- Which Political Side is ERA On?
- FILM PRESS
- ERA U
If the ERA is Ratified Will Women Have to Share Bathrooms with Men?
“When it comes to civil rights,
bathroom issues should NEVER enter the discussion.” -LEXIE CANNES
We Must Focus on the Fundamental Values This Country Was Built On: Equality & Justice For All
THE PUBLIC MUST NOT ALLOW ITSELF TO BE DISTRACTED BY “POTTY-POLITICS” AND OTHER NON-ISSUES
Opponents successfully defeated the ERA by distracting the public from real issues such as equal pay and job discrimination with absurd scare tactics like “the potty problem:” fear that single sex rest rooms would be outlawed, forcing men and women to use the same public toilets.
Today it’s hard for that argument to hold water particularly when uni-sex facilities are commonplace in restaurants, university dormitories and airplanes. Yet this doesn’t stop some people from wild fear mongering on a variety of “non-issues” designed to distract from the very real consequences of the lack of full legal equality for an entire class of American citizens.